National Wine and Cheese Day
Best Pairings for Wine and Cheese… excerpt from Kathleen Pagan’s BLOG,
she is a lifestyle expert, YouTuber and blogger who shares her passion for cooking, cocktails, home décor and fashion! Want the scoop, read on #eventfashionistas!
So, here are her six wine and cheese combos that will have you gasping for more!
1. Riesling (my fave!) paired with Parmesan — The salty bite of the cheese will be a magical offset to the sweetness of the wine. They will play off each other in complete harmony.
2. Chardonnay paired with Mild Cheddar—Make sure to buy a medium bodied Chardonnay (it will have more oak tones), which will match the nuttiness of the cheese.
3. Prosecco paired with Brie —Brie goes with all types of wine (or with everything!) but the creaminess of this cheese paired with the bubbly nature of prosecco is by far one of my favorite combos.
4. Sauvignon Blanc paired with Goat —The tanginess from the goat cheese pairs perfectly with the pungency of the wine. I prefer honey goat cheese for a hint of sweetness!
Hostess Tip: If you’ve never had honey goat cheese, I say you stop reading this immediately (I’ll forgive you!) and run off to your local supermarket to pick some up. I get mine at Trader Joes and it is phenomenal!
5. Pinot Grigio paired with fresh Mozzarella — The mild taste of the mozzarella is the ideal counterbalance shown in the citrus notes of the wine. If you aren’t necessarily a cheese lover I would say this is your best bet.
6. White Zinfandel paired with Manchego —This versatile wine (also known as beginners wine) offers a burst of fruitiness so a hard, rich flavor cheese like Manchego is true perfection!